Friday, August 22, 2008

Stiff Neck Chinese Remedy

My friend, Sue at work, asked me a question about the Chinese remedy for her daughter with the neck pain. She sent me the link about a do-it-yourself remedy by using the spoon together with a few drops of oil scraping on your back.

When she first saw it, she said that it sounds very extreme. I can totally understand that feeling, especially if you are not the one growing up from that environment. So, I explained to her that this is a very traditional method of pain relief.

Actually, my mom did it on me more than 10 years ago when my back hurt for more than a week. The Chinese calls that kind of pain as "bone fire" which is believed that it is caused by pressure from work or school and lack of sleep. The rememdy is called "sand scraping" (even though no sand is involved). When my mom first did it, it hurt a little bit on the skin, but not something unbearable. The whole process takes about 15-30 minutes. But I can tell you how good you feel the next day. The result was awesome.

Some elderly in my grandparents generation do this remedy on a very regular basis, like once a month.

This is just for interest sharing. And I do NOT encourage you to do this without a professional advice or consulting your doctor. If you are interested to learn more about this Chinese remedy, you can check out this link http://ezinearticles.com/?Stiff-Neck-Remedy---Chinese-Style&id=179543.

No comments: