Friday, May 9, 2008

MOM IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

When I was in second grade, we were taught to sing this song in a music lesson that I will never forget for the rest of my life. And this song is very well-known to every Chinese. It is not the national anthem. It is the song titled as “Mom is the best in the world”. It’s in Mandarin, the official Chinese language.

Throughout the whole song, it talks about children without moms don’t know what love is and how much they lost and lose and unlucky they are. It also talks about children flourished with mothers’ love are the luckiest in the world.

I remembered that year’s Mother’s Day, my 2 younger sisters and I (my youngest sister was not born yet), each of us, made a card for our mom. We didn’t have any pocket money back at that time.

On that day, we handed our cards to her and went to hide in a corner singing this song to her while she was opening our cards. That was the gift we gave her that year.

I got married and have 2 mothers now because my mother-in-law is my second mom. Although I am not a mother, I learned that no matter what we do and give to our mothers on Mother’s Day, they always appreciate it. If we show our moms love and care even we have very hectic, busy daily lives, every day is a Mother’s Day to them. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

No comments: